Lucknow Chowk’s New Names: The names of many parks and squares have been changed in Lucknow, the capital of Uttar Pradesh. The Lucknow Municipal Corporation has renamed many parks and squares in the city. The parks and squares whose names have been changed are as follows:
- Henceforth, Burlington Square will be called ‘Ashok Singhal Square’.
- The gate built on the instructions of the Mayor of Sarvodaya Nagar was named “Swatantraveer Vinayak Damodar Savarkar Dwar”.
- Secunderabad junction was renamed as Veerangana Udadevi Ward.
- Mill Area Police Chowki to Meena Bakery Square was named after Maulana Mirza Mohammad Athar, the founder and former chairman of the Indian Shia Personal Law Board.
- Viram Khand Ram Bhawan junction was named “Amar Shaheed Major Kamal Kalia Chauraha”.
- Sanjay Gandhipuram Square was renamed as Chandrashekhar Azad Square.
- Tidi Pulia Tirahe of Alambagh was named “Khalsa Chowk”.
- The park was named “Mangal Pandey Park” in Azad Nagar Colony of Sarojininagar.
- The mini stadium in Rajajipuram was named after former MLA Suresh Srivastava Stadium.
- The intersection near the statue of Maharaja Suheldev Rajbhar in Lalbagh was named Suheldev Rajbhar Tiraha.
- The route from Piccadilly Hotel Kanpur Road to Ashiana Power House was named “Digambar Jain Temple”.
- A proposal to establish a statue in the park was passed by renaming Tikoniya Park located in Nirala Nagar Lal Colony after Shyama Prasad Mookerjee.
- The park was named Guru Nanak Park in front of the house of MMD1/237 Darshan Singh at Aashiyan.
- The park in front of the house of SS1/1163 Santosh Tripathi at Ashiana was named as Sardar Udham Singh.
- The park opposite MMD/253 was named Dashmesh Park.
- The road from Mohan Bhog junction to Kothari brothers was named as Kalyaneshwar Hanuman Mandir Marg.
Latest Uttar Pradesh News