IndiaNews

Agnipath Scheme Only Delhi High Court will hear all the petitions related to this SC has given instructions अग्निपथ योजना से जुड़ी सभी याचिकाएं केवल दिल्ली हाईकोर्ट सुनेगा, SC ने दिए निर्देश

Supreme Court on Agnipath Scheme - India TV Hindi News
Image source: FILE
Supreme Court on Agnipath Scheme

Highlights

  • The plan was announced by Defense Minister Rajnath Singh on June 14, 2022.
  • Three petitions were filed with the Supreme Court against the scheme
  • Now only Delhi High Court will hear all cases related to this scheme.

Agnipath Scheme: The petitions filed on the new ‘Agneepath’ recruitment scheme in the Army will now be heard in Delhi High Court. During the hearing in the Supreme Court today, a grandstand with three judges made this decision. Along with this, the Supreme Court has said that if any cases come up in the future, it will be sent to Delhi High Court. No deadline has been set for when the hearing in this regard will be held in the Delhi High Court.

During the consideration of the petitions submitted to the Supreme Court, the court proposed that all the petitions can be transferred to Delhi High Court. The court said Delhi High Court, Kerala High Court, Punjab and Haryana High Court, Patna High Court and Uttarakhand High Court are considering the case. In our view, it would not be correct to deal with the petitions from the same case in different places. One possibility might be to hear them all.

Now the case is to be heard in Delhi High Court

The Supreme Court asked all petitioners to withdraw their petition from the Supreme Court and submit a new petition to the Delhi High Court. The Supreme Court ordered that the three petitions be transferred to the Delhi High Court so that their hearing is not delayed.

Three petitions were submitted to the Supreme Court

3 petitions were put to the Supreme Court against the Agneepath scheme. These petitions were submitted separately by Manohar Lal Sharma, Harsh Ajay Singh and Ravindra Singh Shekhawat. It said the Agneepath scheme should not be implemented on such people who are already getting jobs in the armed forces. They should be serviced by age instead of 4 years. In all these petitions, it was said that the Agneepath scheme was implemented incorrectly while being described against the country. The petition filed by Manohar Sharma called for this system to be annulled. At the same time, he appealed in the request from Harsh Ajay Singh, while requesting to revise the scheme, to postpone the recruitment process until further notice.

There will be new recruitment in the army through the Agneepath scheme

It is significant that the central government had announced the ‘Agneepath’ scheme last month. According to the scheme, young people in the age group 17 half a year to 21 years will be admitted to the defense for a period of four years. Of this, 25 per cent. be admitted to regular service later. The government later raised the upper age limit for recruitment under the scheme from 21 years to 23 years in 2022.




Source link

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button